Saturday, July 7, 2018:
Check in at La Bussola Hotel
The beauty of southern Italy’s Amalfi Coast is legendary, and has inspired artists and writers. Here, vibrant, village-strewn cliffs jut into the sea. During the summer, notes of lemon hang in the air and festivals enliven hamlets along the drive from the Bay of Naples to the Gulf of Salerno, making it the ideal time to travel to the Amalfi Coast.
Things Not to Miss:
Equal parts culture and nature, this stretch of coastline draws sunseekers to its hilltop gardens, art collections, green valleys, music performances, and the glitzy see-and-be-seen resort town of Positano. Highlights of the Amalfi Coast include:
- Touring the Villa Cimbrone
- Museo Correale (Neapolitan arts housed in an 18th-century villa)
- Sagra del Tonno
- Africana Club (fish swim beneath its glass dance floor)
- Shopping at Antonello della Mura
- Touring Duomo
Monday, July 9, 2018 – Capri Tour
Depart hotel at 9:30AM
A beautiful day on a private boat to discover wonderful inlets and caves along the Amalfi coast and the enchanting Capri, sailing on crystal blue sea water. On the way to Capri you will admire the seaside town of Conca del Marini, the Emerald Grotto (*), the Fjord of Furore, Positano, the natural reserve of Punta Campanella and Li Galli Island, famous for the myth of Ulysses’s Syrens.
During the unforgettable tour around the island, you will be amazed by the majestic Faraglioni rocks rising up out of the sea, the Natural Arch, the Green and White Grottos and the lovely bay of Marina Piccola. After a relaxing swim, we will stop for a visit in the famous Blue Grotto (*).
We will arrive around 12PM at the docking area of Capri and you will have free time until 4PM. The return trip includes (time permitting) a brief stop for a swim along the coast nearby Positano.
*entry fee not included
Return to the hotel by 6PM
Wednesday, July 11, 2018 – Transfer to Rome
Depart hotel at 10AM
Private bus will take us to Naples train station
Confirmed on Italo Train Departing at 12:25PM and arriving at 1:35PM
Check in at Hotel San Carlo Roma
Our Italy trip continues with a three-night stay in Rome. The historic city is full of things to do. From tours to sights like the Roman Forum, the Colosseum and climbing to the top of St. Peters Basilica, to enjoying delicious pasta, gelato and cappuccino, the term “When in Rome” truly is the personification of what it means to explore and enjoy.
- The Trevi fountain (Fontana di Trevi): Legend says that those who toss a coin into the fountain will ensure their return to Rome in the future.
- The Pantheon – This two thousand year old building is a former Roman temple and is among the best preserved of all ancient Roman structures. The circular building with large granite columns is known for its rotunda with a central opening to the sky and they often have church services inside.
- The Spanish Steps – At the Piazza di Spagna, the steps are considered a meeting place in the heart of the city. Walking up the steps gives you an overview of the busy Roman streets and are considered a wonderful place to snap a photo.
- The Colosseum – a tour inside this incredible structure gives you a small glimpse into the excitement the people of the city felt back when they hosted games. Of course,
- Piazza di Spagna – Considered the high end shopping area that caters to tourists with flagship stores like Prada, Gucci and many more high end brands.
- Via Cola di Rienzo – “Shop where the Romans shop” – Located just North of the Vatican, the Via Cola di Rienzo is a popular destination for Romans. With a larger number of small shops selling bags, shoes and accessories for slightly more reasonable prices.
We finish our Rome visit with an exclusive tour of the Roman Catacombs, home to a number of precious early Christian artworks and artifacts.
Saturday, July 14, 2018: Group departs