For this blog post we listed our tips in a video. But if you want more detail read below.
1. Rent a car: Kona is on the Big Island and it’s called that for a reason…it’s Huge! You can Uber or taxi but it’s much more expensive. We booked a rental car for 4 days from Avis for $130. However, the price estimate for an Uber from the airport to our hotel was $60-$85 one way. Part of the beauty of the island is driving around it. If you have more than 4 days you may want to visit the crater and see the lava. We just didn’t want to spend the entire day in the car for such a short trip.
2. Find hidden beaches and bays: you can’t beat the beautiful beaches and bays with lava rock all around. It’s just a very unique beach experience.
3. Visit a coffee farm: 100% Kona coffee is a real treat if you are a coffee lover. Viewing the process and hearing the history gave us a better appreciation.
4. Take time to relax: vacation is meant for relaxation and mental revitalization. Be sure to enjoy the down time and don’t fill every day with tours.
5. Never miss a sunset...nuff said.